Saturday, June 25, 2011

Land for Gypsy sites?

On the abolition of Regional Development Agencies, the land they own is being handed over to the Housing and Communities Agency. This could be an opportunity for the HCA to make some of the newly acquired land available for Gypsy and Traveller sites, see this question asked last Tuesday:

21 Jun 2011 : Column 1151


Lord Avebury: My Lords, will the Government encourage the HCA to devote some of the land it acquires to the provision of Gipsy sites, which will be in short supply consequent on the abolition of the regional strategies?

Baroness Wilcox: I am afraid I do not have the answer to hand because I was not expecting the question. However, it is a good question and I will go back, see what I can find out, and write to the noble Lord.

No comments: