Monday, July 19, 2010

Good news from King's College Hospital


A brief note to say that all is well. Eric had the operation to deal with his aortic aneurism today. His surgeon Mr R says that all went perfectly as planned. Eric is a little groggy this evening, but cheerful. The photo shows Eric this at 8pm tonight, with Mr R, and Lindsay.

Eric adds later: I was woken at 06.15, to be told I was No 2 on Mr R's list. The anaesthetist came to see me at 07.45 and asked me about my ability to walk a long way. I had to say that my feet are so odd, long-distance walking isn't my scene. At 08.10 two members of Mr R's team cam to see me, explained the risks of the operation, and got me to sign the consent form. At 08.40 I donned a special set of underpants needed for the EVAR procedure, then at 09.30, a visit from the Registrar. It must have been not long afterwards that I was taken down to theatre, because here my notes come to an end.

No comments: